Friday, May 27, 2011

27th May 2011

This is the second time, my supervisor not in the office for a whole day. He went for his training at the headquarters for two days. Although there is no supervision on me but I still need to settle my works. There are insufficient of materials at the site. For example, I need to use the wheelbarrow to bring the sand up to the building. Unfortunately, all of the wheelbarrows are broken & I need to borrow the other sub-contractor's wheelbarrow to let my worker to bring the sand up. It's really wasting my time to arrange this stuff. Meanwhile, my colleague was facing a difficult situation when he called the workers for help to carry the door frames. The workers didn't come down. He asked for my help to call them down. At first, they didn't listen to me. But after I met them, I told them that this work is your bowl of rice. If you didn't help my colleague, if you face the sound of tune. In the end, they followed me to go down & helped my colleagu. Sometimes is quite to ask the workers to do the work because we are just a trainee. But I will try my best to control them. I thought I can leave the site on time today but I was failed. LKC grabbed my time to check on my working progress. But he is a helpful senior because he is willing to teach me about the real construction environment, architecture design & requirements of it. He also gave his tips/quote to us which is the '4M" : Management, Man Power, Materials & Machinery to run a project~ After the discussion & had a short chat with him & my colleague, I offered my help to fetch my colleague back since today is his birthday. I understand the feeling of using public transport during at night time because I faced it before when I worked in a bookshop at KLCC. I always reached home around 11.30pm++ if I work from 1.30pm-10pm. When I reached home, I told my mom that I failed for my mission to reach home early. No choice, sometimes I need to finish my work so that I don't need to bring it forward to the next day & increase my burden. When I checked my email just now, I received an email from my university coordinator for internship. After a month, I know who is my visiting supervisor. I hope that I can make a good time arrangement for him to meet my supervisor at the site soon. And lastly, I read a post from a fan page that I support. There is a person lost his taekwondo belt after his training & he is a black belt holder. For my opinion, as a black belt holder, he/she should know how precious the belt is because the belt is representing a person dignity or a rank. If that person lost it, then it shows that the person is not qualify to wear the belt. This is what I learnt from my previous instructor & I taught the juniors about the importance of the belt & do not play it. After tomorrow, I still have a month left to work. But I still haven't decide whether I should extend my working period or not. Should I or shouldn't I?



No comments: