Monday, April 04, 2011

First Day of Internship~

Today is the first day of my internship. I left my house at 7.30am & need to reach the main office at 9.00am. I thought I can reach there around 2o minutes but due to heavy jam right after the Batu Tiga Tol & the road from SS15 to PJS10, I reached there around 8.30am. Luckily I'm still early to reach there. Initially, I thought only 3 students from my university including myself will work for that company. But to my surprise, actually there were 5 students. Quite bored when we were waiting for the PIC to brief us. At 8.55am, the PIC met us in the pantry. To my friends who wanted to know how is she look like. For your information, she is just an ordinary women. That is all I can write at here. Hahaha~ She brought us to a meeting room for a briefing on our internship. I just realized that the company done a lot of projects & got a lot of awards. She gave the internship & information pack to us & I was lucky because I'm the only one can get a uniform from the company only. But there is a price need to pay. I need to work on Saturday while the others just work until Friday. I felt a little bit regret about this matter. What to do.. I chose this path already.

Right after the briefing, I went to the site immediately. KL is really KL.. I nearly lost when I reached at Golden Triangle. I thought I can use shortcut to reach the site but I'm wrong. Almost all of the roads at there are one way. I drove until passed by Jalan Alor & make a big U-turn to go back to Jalan Bukit Bintang to Jalan Pudu to Jalan Imbi to Jalan Sultan Ismail to Jalan P Ramlee to Jalan Pinang then reached the site area. Luckily there is no jam during that time & I was there on time before the lunch hour. When I reached there, I was informed by the staff there that my supervisor is on leave & today was 'taken' care by his superior, LKC. But his superior is not around also, so I was 'taken' care by another staff, MG. When I saw him, I thought he is from Sarawak but I was wrong. He is a pure Chinese. LOL. He is a nice guy. He introduced me to my new working environment. The project is divided into 2 parts. One is for the building & another one is the linkage bridge. He asked me if can, try to observe both. After the briefing, he brought me to meet the project manager. He looks so serious & looks like one of my lecturers. LOL~ After the meet up, he brought me for lunch with other staff.

While we were waiting for our food to be serve, the other staff just arrived with other consultants. We sat together. I listened & observed what they talked about. It was like a man talk. Haha~ some of them even asked me about my study life. I was like @.@ after we finished our lunch, then LKC arrived. His first impression to me was like.... I think I don't want to judge him first because I believe a quote: 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'~ He asked me a lot of questions until one of his colleague joked that he want to investigate my personal life. Haha~ After lunch,went back to the site office. The site office is located under the construction building which in the basement carpark. I'm not sure it is safe or not but I hope so. LKC looks so busy. He asked me to see the drawing plans.

After 3 hours past, my eyes very tired & sored. Finally it's 4pm. I noticed that I don't understand a lot of terms form the drawing even
though I learnt some during the last semester. I hope I will take this time to ask a lot. LKC back from site investigation & held a daily meeting with the sub-contractor. He asked me to join along too. He looks so straight & fierce when he talked with the contractors & even scolded them for few problems & delays. I felt an aura from him when I watched him talked with them. I think it's from his experience, he managed to handle it well. After the meeting, I was told by him that sometimes we need to be stern to them so that they can finish the task on time & I agree with him. He assigned a task for me & I think it's quite burden but I think it's should be alright then. It's because I should do & learn more to achieve what I want from there. After 5.20pm, I left the site & went back to my home. The traffic jam is so heavy from MV to LDP. It took me almost 1.5 hours to reached home. Today I was tired is not because of work but it's due to the jam. I think that's all from now. I will update more about my internship frequently by using photos. Exhausted. Sleep time~ Ciaoz~


The uniform~


The internship information pack + ID



2 comments:

Allen Ang said...

Good luck in your Internship CF!
Ga yao! :P

ChiNg Fai said...

Thanks Allen! Good luck to you too! LOL