Monday, April 25, 2011

25th April 2011

The 4th week of my internship just started. Today my supervisor assigned me another task. Need to help him to inspect the riser wall for 1 floor. As usual, it took me more than 2 hours to settle the inspection. I need to be strict when I check all of the walls even though the sub-contractor gave a lot of excuses & denied there is something wrong on the wall. My supervisor told me that it depends on myself, whether to agree the contractors or stand on my own decision. Meanwhile, there is a sub-contractor told me about the 'Real' world of construction. It's about the the way contractors bribe the consultants or simply say corruption. Actually, my lecturer in university told to my class before about this matter. The sub-contractor even told me about the way to bribe the contractors. Furthermore, he told me that the contractors want to bribe the consultants because they hope that during the inspection time, the consultants will not inspect thoroughly.

Now I understand why the university want to force the students to study the engineering ethics before they graduate. Based on my 3 weeks in the construction works, I learnt that I need to be think smart & fast to survive in the working environment. If you are not smart enough, you will be lose in the battle during the meetings or any arguments with your colleagues or the sub-contractors. Face the reality. Life is not fair. Life is cruel. See how smart & strong are you to survive in this kind of environment. I'm on my way~

While I was waiting for my sister to fetch me back home, I read an article from a newspaper about the gender. To my surprise, a men who married his wife for 20 years++ & had a son, just noticed that his wife is a guy too~ LOL~ For those who are getting marry, please check your partner's gender before you marry. If not, you will regret~ ;)



No comments: