Saturday, April 21, 2012

12th Week of the Last Semester

As usual, my pressure level is increasing when the due date for the project submission, test, presentation or final exam is coming soon. But most of my coursemates told me that I still look so calm and free from worries. Actually I do really worry about my projects, tests, exams and also my future path. Maybe it because I didn't show it too publicly and I keep it tightly, like I seal my secrets well. Last Monday, I was invited by a society to attend their last event of the year. When I compare their activities with my university, there are some difference and the main is formality. I think its due to the environment, my university is more keen to formality and protocol. Even one of the organizers told me that my university is too formal until need to stand when the national anthem and my university's song are played. I am not sure he/she is joking or insulting but I think when we are in an event, we need to be careful with the way we present ourselves. But I really thank to the organizers for inviting me and I think it will be the last student activity that I joined before I graduate. Meanwhile, my university's career unit organized a career fair for two days on last Tuesday. It was a smaller scale if compare to last year's career fair but some of the big companies come back again and support the fair. This time, I didn't join the fair as a volunteer because I am busy with my projects and I became a job-seeker instead. I saw a lot of students were applying oil and gas companies on that day. I think everyone is searching for a high pay salary job so that they can survive in an expensive society. As for now, I still haven't get any offer yet even though I applied some of the jobs since last month and I still continue to apply it. I am happy for my coursemates who secured their job but at the same time I start to worry about myself because I haven't get an  offer yet. Maybe the readers will think that it is too early for me to apply a job but I think it is not too early. Its really competitive nowadays, not easy to find a good job. I hope I can get it soon and I really dislike when my coursemates ask about my job application. Next week, I will be facing a test and a group project presentation and I am not ready yet. Next two weeks, I will be facing another group presentation and my final year project presentation. Next three weeks, I will be facing my final exam which will be held on the first and second day. Next four weeks, I have to submit my thesis and project reports. When the juniors asked me to describe about my final year, I told them that they will know it soon and asked them to enjoy while they can. I am not sure that my advice will frighten them or not but I think they will make it through.


The secret of success is learning how to use the pain & pleasure instead of having pain & pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you~




This song resembles my feeling now~




No comments: