Friday, September 30, 2011

Final Year Project Title Selection 2011

Just now, during the afternoon was the beginning of my final year project. It was the final year project title selection day. I need to choose the best title that I can do for the next 8 months. Previously, I thought I want to propose my own project title. But in the end, I didn't propose because I don't have the courage to do so. So, I met some of the lecturers and asked about the project titles that they will propose. I waited for the project titles to release since last week but the management only released it after the Engineering Accreditation Council visit to my university. The titles released on last Wednesday and the students only have 3 days to decide which title to choose. Furthermore, I saw some of the students want to grab the same title. My course department chose the first come first basis system for the students to select the title. I heard one of my friends who study in the public university, if got more students who want to grab the same title, then the system will check which student has the higher cgpa. Maybe it's quite cruel and not fair when they check on cgpa but I think it is a good system because a good students should have the priority to get his preferable title and to excel in his/her project. Not first come first basis. Each systems got their on pros & cons and I hope that my university management will improve the system for the students. Meanwhile, the number of students who are taking the project is 93, more than the previous semesters which the average number is 50 students. Not like other departments, which a lecturer can be book by three students. My course department is still using a lecturer can be book by a student only. Now the number of students increased, the management should increase the capacity of booking. I hope they will do it in the future. Back to the title selection. My classmates and I purposely went to the computer laboratory, three hours earlier before the time to select the title. The reason was we want to book place and get a good computer to select the titles. It was bored to wait for 3 hours. My heart beat is increasing. I took this hours to ask some of other classmates about their choice of the title in the laboratory. I found out nobody want to grab the same title to me because my choice title is quite hard, need to go a far place to get the materials. But I still need to beware and need to click the button fast. I asked my roommate to help me to click the button together with me since he proposed his own title. I was so nervous when the time is here. Suddenly! One of my unimates shouted that she managed to get her title. I was so 'kelam-kabut' until my server was lagging. Luckily, my roommate managed to help me to click it. Really thanks to him that I managed to get my first choice of the title. I saw some of my coursemates couldn't get their first choice. I wish them best of luck on their project. I'm going to search some information for my title and will start to do my proposal soon.

The FUN thing begin today and it will end on next year May 2012~




1 comment:

arumugam said...

Heya¡­my very first comment on your site. ,I have been reading your blog for a while and thought I would

completely pop in and drop a friendly note. . It is great stuff indeed. I also wanted to ask..is there a

way to subscribe to your site via email?


BE Final Year Projects