Monday, December 26, 2011

Seniors & Juniors?

Suddenly I would like to write about something that keep my mind, which is the 'Seniors & Juniors'. What I saw today in my course department, the relationship between the seniors and juniors is getting wider. Not like last time, when I was a freshman in my university. The seniors are really friendly and the juniors can easily mix with them. The thing has changed. Nowadays, the seniors and juniors have their own world. Separated world. No connection between both sides. I saw some of the clubs and societies are trying to pull both sides closer but its failed. The students have their own agenda. They think they should concentrate on their studies and mix with their own peers only. With this mind set, they will be in a small group forever and may not know what is going on outside. There were few juniors said that the seniors are not friendly, not helpful and too ego. Same goes to the seniors who said the juniors are too ego, disrespect, immature and not independent. I think this phenomena will continues until they work in the future although I really hope this thing should come to an end. I was really lucky to have good seniors who helped me throughout my studies although they already graduated. Same goes to my former places, where the seniors who were willing to teach me something that I didn't learn in our class before. I appreciate their help and advice. Thank you to them. Because of them, I try to help the juniors whenever they need my assistance. But sometimes, the way juniors ask for help make me sad. Meanwhile, I noticed that some other universities implemented a program which is each students will have a senior to guide them throughout their studies and I think it was a great idea. At least the juniors will know well not only about their course but also the life of a student. I was wondering why my university do not want to implement this program? I think it's enough for to write craps here.


Happy Boxing Day to those who have presents to open it up~




No comments: