Monday, June 14, 2010

Yummy~

After 2 weeks, I planned to make another poison cake before my semester break ends: Chilled Lemon Cheese Cake. This is my first time to make a real cheesecake. Purposely went out to buy the ingredients. The weather was so hot but I can't wait to do it & eat it. Hahaha~ I agreed with one of my coursemate @ senior, make own cheesecake is cheaper than buy a whole cheesecake from 'The Secret Recipe' but need to have time & energy to do it. As usual, I do it by myself with my mum's guidance.

These are the ingredients:
CRUMB CRUST
  • 240g sweet butter biscuits or digestive biscuits, crushed.
  • 120-150g melted butter.
FILLING
  • 3 1/2 tbsp gelatine powder, mixed with 250ml of boiling water.
  • 1/2 tbsp grated lemon rind.
  • 60ml lemon juice from 2 lemon.
  • 1 tin evaporated milk, well-chilled.
  • 240g cream cheese.
  • 180-200g castor sugar (to taste).
  • 1 tsp vanilla.

First of all, I thought make a cheesecake is harder than to make a bread & cheese pudding. But I was wrong. This cheesecake is easy to do. This are the methods.

METHOD (CRUMB CRUST)
  1. Combine biscuit crumble & melted butter.
  2. Press onto the bottom of 9" spring form tin with removable base. Chill while preparing the filling.
METHOD (FILLING)
  1. Dissolve gelatine powder in boiling water. Cool, add lemon rind & juice.
  2. Whisk chilled evaporated milk till thick & double in bulk. Set aside.
  3. Beat cream cheese until smooth, add caster sugar & vanilla. Beat well.
  4. Fold in milk, lemon & gelatine mixture.
  5. Pour into the prepared crumb-crust & chill overnight before serving.


Haiz... I need to wait for night before I can eat it.

After a night~ Tadaa~~
So Cute~~ :D


I ate it & it is so delicious! But the crumb crust got little bit soft. Next time need to crunch it well. So happy~ This is 1 of my best masterpiece I ever made~ Hehehe~ Holiday is going to end soon. I sure miss it~ T.T




5 comments:

Phua said...

fuyoh!!! u so gengz man!!! ^^_b

ChiNg Fai said...

Haha~ No geng la~ Im stilla beginner for it~ Thanks~

Ivy Man said...

looks tasty!
u love sweet stuff huh~!
:P

ChiNg Fai said...

Haha~ no la~ just like cheesecake only~ :D

Anonymous said...

wow!! i love cheesecake!! salute!!