Tuesday, June 01, 2010

1st of June 2010~ First time to Baked something~

Yesterday, I read a culinary book & I found out a recipe on how to make a Bread & Cheese Pudding. I told my mom that it is easy & I wanted to do it since I'm so free during this holiday. My mom told me ok, you can do it. Hahaha~ I'm not sure she is joking or not because usually she don't allowed me to cook something fantastic food except instant noodles in the kitchen. She scared that her kitchen will become the next World War 3.

Until today morning, I was surprised that she prepared all the bakery tools for me. She asked me to accompany her to Tesco to buy some groceries, including the bakery ingredients. She told me that I need to make the pudding by myself. At last I can cook something special~ Hehehe~ I would like to share my experience to the readers. Started to make the pudding at 4.15pm.

This are the ingredients that need to bake the Bread & Cheese Pudding:
  • 200g sugar
  • 600ml fresh milk
  • 125g butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 7 eggs
  • 1 loaf white bread, trimmed & cut into half

Methods:
  • Put sugar, fresh milk & butter into a pan & boil over low heat until butter melted. Remove from heat.
  • Add in vanilla, eggs & stir well. Soak trimmed bread into the mixture for 3 minutes.

  • Arrange Line a 8" round baking tin with greaseproof paper. Place a layer of bread on the bottom. Sprinkle some grated cheese onto the bread & pour in some milk mixture.
  • Repeat the same way until all ingredients are used. Steam-bake the bread pudding in a pre-heated oven at 170 degree celcius for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked.

At last finished.. So happy about it. I thought is easy to bake it. But I want to take back my words. It is not easy at all. But is ok. The next thing I want to do is a real Cheese Cake~ I'm coming~ hahaha


The bread skins. I don't know how to do with it. Got any idea? Maybe use it to feed the fish in the river :D

P/S: To all of my Sarawakian friends, I would like to wish you Selamat Hari Gawai! Gaya Guru Gerai Nyamai~ :D




5 comments:

Phua said...

look so yummy!!! the bread skins can eat with curry or use to do breaded fried sotong, hoho^^

ChiNg Fai said...

hahaha~ I will ask my mum to cook curry~ thanks for the idea~ hahaha~

Ivy Man said...

Fuiyo Ah fai!!
you are so geng man!!
those pictures make me hungry neh
:(
btw, is it tasty? :P
if yes, do it for us can ar?
muahaahah!!

Huzai Mansor said...

the skins eh?

put them in an oven for 10 minutes on high, or better yet, leave them out in the sun to dry. Then crumble them and keep in airtight container,

voila! free breadcrumbs to be used to coat your ayam goreng and such.

ChiNg Fai said...

Ms. Ivy: no geng la... jz a new learner~ ur blog pictures also make me hungry lo~ I want to eat Cheese Cake!! hahaha~ The taste ngam ngam hou~ haha~ do it for u all? haha.. see my mood 1st~ hahaha~ XD

Huzai: aiya~ should inform me earlier~ haha.. anyway, tahnks for the idea~