Sunday, August 09, 2009

Zoo Negara

Today I went to Zoo Negara to do the Moral Project, khidmat siswa with my group members. Almost all of us arrived on time at 7.30am at the zoo. Waited the zoo coordinator for around 15 minutes. After the brief, my group separated into 2 groups. My group sent to elephant & giraffe cages to do the service. When entered into the cages, OMG....the smell was 'GREAT'...! The zoo keeper asked me & my friend to clean up all the faeces at the elephant cage while the other 3 went to giraffe cage to sweep the floor...The elephants' faeces were so big..It's like a bulk of gold~ Alot of 'GOLDS'... It smell good too~ The cage & the stage area were so dirty. Alot of faeces & dry leaves on the floor. The elephants eat too much & pee too much...Luckily the zoo provided some boots for us to use. If not, my shoe gone. At 10am was the morning break. I don't have the apetite to eat due to GREAT smell which is still stuck on my nose~ After 20 minutes later, resumed the job back.. Swept the floor at the area & the sitting area for the visitors to watch the elephants..Very hot...Sweat alot~ The zoo keeper quite satisfied with our job. He let us break at 12pm, an hour ealier.. Explored the whole zoo...Its quite big...Alot of animals...Alot of visitors... Saw the flamingo & the other birds fly freely... Walked until very tired...Took lunch at a restaurant..The food prices were so expensive... The price for 1 bottle of 1.5 litre of water is RM3.50....Walao....speechless...rest until 3pm... Chat with the zoo keeper...Now I know that the 1 of the giraffes is pregnant..The elephants are still young, average 30 years old. and the last thing I hear & agree with it, the elephant cage is the hardest cage to clean it up...haha...Nothing to do..all of the job already finished in the morning.. Helped the zoo keeper to feed the giraffes...The animals are quite greedy...like to eat alot...The zoo keeper let us go around 3.30pm...Take some photos...Went back to my hometown by train...So tired & extremely smelly...I still can imagine the GOLD smell~ hahaha...It is a wonderful job...can get the animals closer...can explore the zoo free without any charges...hehe...hope I can go there again & help again if got time~ The sticker pass

1 happy Giraffe family

Group photo


I want to live like animals; careless & free like animals; I want to live; I want to run through the jungle; the wind in my hair & the sand at my feet~




No comments: